Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thinking about taking the next step


Its not going to be a surprise to anyone where I am going with this. I really can't explain to everyone how valuable I see the slideshare/powerpoint connection. I have always felt that blogging should be the publishing of the classroom work rather than separate stand only material just for the blog. By using third part uploading utility locations I think Slideshare meets that criteria. Slideshows are bog standard, I don't think you have to be particularly clever to produce them, however what I can never understand is again why students and educators seem shy about publishing them online. As a PC school they'd be one of the first and foremost things that students can produce work that's accessible on. I've seen so many "Digital Classrooms" not take the next logical step and publish online, the fact that some don't really surprises me. I have to be diplomatic about this, but anytime I don't see that I see it as a missed opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment